Monday, December 5, 2022

The Journey so far

I have been in the Tech industry for almost 2 decades. Time flies!  I’ve been a support tech, then moved on to system administration. Eventually, a good friend of mine took me under their wing and fostered over a decade of exploration, education, and discovery of the MS SQL Server.  

I was privileged to learn many skills, become an expert with SSIS, SQL Server configuration and design decisions, HA/DR design, etc.

I have reached the point of my career where I struggle with a few questions and am at a loss for what the next steps in this journey should be.  

  • How to start contracting? Is this the right career choice for me?  
  • How does one gain the confidence to speak at conferences and group meetings?
  • With the ocean of technologies in the database world how does one choose what they should learn: Specifically, what to master and what to save for another time?
  • How do you silence those paralyzing inner thoughts of “is this the best solution? Can it be better?”

And finally, how do I become that person who can share their knowledge with others and help them on their journeys?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Journey so far

I have been in the Tech industry for almost 2 decades. Time flies!  I’ve been a support tech, then moved on to system administration. Even...